top of page
Welcome to the
Community Crochet Project
Hello, I'm Grace and I'm one of Sherwood Young Artists' Gold Art Award Students. As part of my Award I have created this community crochet project and I would love as many members of the community to get involved, no matter your age or ability, to create a GIANT community blanket!!!!!
Experienced crochet fans and absolute beginners are all welcome!
How to get involved......
1. Follow the links below to access my tutorial videos on how to crochet - from basic techniques to a Willow Square.
2. Create your own Granny squares using whatever wool you have or can get easy access to.
3. Drop off your Granny Squares at either of our collection points by the deadline - 1st November 2023
A stone's Throw - 672 Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham, NG5 2GE
Sherwood Young Artists - Unit 41, Block D, Hartley Business Centre, Ellesmere Crescent, Nottingham, NG5 1DG
4. Myself and my team will then combine all of the pieces to form the GIANT community blanket.
5. The finished blanket will be on display at the Hartley Creatives Open Day and Craft Fair on the 11th November 23 - 10am-5pm
Learn the basic crochet stitches and techniques - https://youtu.be/GjSRHERvGN4
Learn how to crochet a Solid Granny Square - https://youtu.be/wX0su6jJTiE
Learn how to make a Simple Granny Square - https://youtu.be/taCwba2EaWI
Learn how to crochet a Willow Square - https://youtu.be/v-0kG76eXDE
bottom of page